Re: Asynch vs Synch Injection

In a message dated 4/20/00 4:26:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jws6367@mailcity.com writes:

> Just to add some confusion, back when I was studing the P4 doc.  I thought
> that sync/async refered to how the computer triggered the injectors.
Because
> at idle with the small PW the spray pattern was not great, it went into
> another mode that would skip each cycle, but when it did fire would spray
> twice as much.

I was going to keep-a-my-mouth-shut, but that is the way I read it also..
  Synchronous=evry revolution,    Asych=every-other revolution.
When the pulse width requirement gets too low to reliably meter fuel,
the system has a lower most point at which the pulse with is doubled,
then the injector is fired *every other* revolution, instead of every
revolution.
then,  as a result, the <new> pulse width (which occurs half as often)
is still great enough to be reuced even further while still providing
accurate fuel delivery. (in thoery).
Mike V