Re: VSS

From: "nacelp" <nacelp@bright.net>
To: <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Subject: Re: VSS
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:28:40 -0400

Sounds like the cable is spinning the wrong way.
The speedo needle has no direct contact with the cable, and just "senses"
speed (some use a spinning magnetic, and the needle is magnetic, and just
tags along).
The odometer only reads in one direction so you can't use a drill motor to
unwind the showing mileage.
grumpy

Thanks,,

Thats what i assumed was happening... so the only way to get the odo to work would be to gear the VSS to spin the other way??? I can't do it electronically??? the speedo reads in both fowards and reverse gears...