Re: 87 to 89 ECM

> Grumpier than usual today?

Er,  no, didn't mean to sound thatta way.

> > They suggested going to the later bin file.
> > The 89 calibration does away with the 9th injector, and just is more
> > refined.  Better drivibility, IMHO.
> > 2 years in calibrations can make a world of difference.

> Anyway (assuming you'll still talk to me ;-), what are you saying here?

Start with the best calibration that you can.  Others beside myself have
also, had good luck starting with this.

> That the original calibration ($32 EPROM ID = BUA) is the same code as
> the $6E calibration? Putting it another way, did GM remove the
> cold start injector by changing the EPROM data, or the EPROM code
> and data when they went to $6E ID?

I can't tell you, if they just rearranged the code/tables, or if there are
any large or even small changes in the program, but the bottom line was how
better the car ran, and that was with the 89 code.
Grumpy