Re: GMECM Digest V2 #181

>You're talking about the 16 bit RAM variable?  Your
>understanding should
>be correct, just remember, the 'HC11 is a big endian
>processor with the
>upper byte stored at the lower address.  RAM location
>0x4e contains the
>integer portion, and 0x4f the fraction.

Yep, that's the one. I'm currently using 0x4e, feeding
it to the lookup routine @ 0xf5b5.

Everything works great, except that the values it's
returning aren't what I'd expect based on the current
vehicle speed. I think I need to run the numbers on
the table entires again, my calculator lies. (Yeah,
that's it)

>There is another RAM variable designed for indexing
>tables.  The MPH
>value is scaled by 16/5ths to give nice column
>headings.  The downside
>of this variable is a maximum road speed of 70 MPH

I tried this one originally... it didn't seem to give
me any change in data. Might have been something I
was coding wrong, though.

The 70 MPH max is kind of a big thing for me, though,
since my 4th gear shift happens at 80-85 MPH @ WOT.

Thanks for the input.

Dig
turbodig@yahoo.com
One little, two little, three little Endians...