Re: GMECM Digest V2 #181

Dig wrote:

> >You're talking about the 16 bit RAM variable?  Your
> >understanding should
> >be correct, just remember, the 'HC11 is a big endian
> >processor with the
> >upper byte stored at the lower address.  RAM location
> >0x4e contains the
> >integer portion, and 0x4f the fraction.
>
> Yep, that's the one. I'm currently using 0x4e, feeding
> it to the lookup routine @ 0xf5b5.
>
> Everything works great, except that the values it's
> returning aren't what I'd expect based on the current
> vehicle speed.

You did start your table with a byte containing a scale factor?  Usually
16, 8 and sometimes 4, though it could be just about any value.

If you don't want to have the scale byte, then call 0xf5bc.  That entry
point hardcodes a scale factor of 16.  This allows a 17 byte table to
cover the full range of a byte.  The table values correspond to input
value of 0, 16, 32, 48, and so on.