Got my Brainmaster today....

    Man this thing rocks!! In the first 15 minutes, I verified that the SS
tach I put in my 87 LS is WAY off, NO codes being thrown, TPS is fine.. etc
etc

HOWEVER, while driving , I pretty much confirmed my suspicion that either
the ESC or knock sensor in my 87  LS is not doing it's job.

NO knock retard when I can hear AUDIBLE spark knock...

I haven't tried the "tap on the block w/ a screwdriver" test yet, but I
will. Funny thing is, the car has been running STRONG with NO spark knock on
93 Amoco since I played with the timing. But NOW, I must have got a "bad"
tank of 93 yesterday.. it sound like CRAP...

Tomorrow I'll verify ACTUAL timing, and try testing the knock sensor, then
go from there...

Oh, BTW... the model I bought "supposedly" only works on 80-86 GM, but it
works fine on my 87 LS...I'm gonna plug it up to my wife's 96 GP just to
see... IF it plugs up that is..

Great tool for the money.

Got a question about the "Spark count" reading on the tool. It says it
measure "detonation" , according to the manual, but doesn't specify what
each reading means...

Any ideas??

Thanks
Chris
87 LS
Who hopes to start checking out burning his own PROM for his Monte...