Re: CATS Disassembler comments

> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 08:08:15 +1000
> From: Peter Gargano <peter@ntserver.techedge.com.au>
> Subject: CATS Disassembler comments
>
>  <snip>
>
> I'd be interested to hear comments by people who have used it - both
> positive and negative. If you reply here, or send more extensive
> comments (including any URLs for 68HC11 disassembler's you have used/like)
> to..
>
>   mailto:peter@mail.techedge.com.au?CATS%20Disassembler%20comments
>
> ..this will help me determine what features for V1.0 of DHC11, that
> people find important.  I hope to release this version in the
> next week or so. It is a DOS application that is controlled by a
> configuration file and/or command line switches, and is designed
> to be upwardly compatible with Donald Whisnant's excellent M6811DIS
> (this *is* an advert for M6811DIS) at (hope you can reach there!)..
>
>   http://dewhisna.home.netcom.com/download.html
>
>   <snip>

Peter,

Thanks for the advert...  Yep, the above link should work as long as all
lowercase letters are used...  If anyone has problems getting to my
site, please drop me an email and let me know -- stat logs here have
shown only two downtimes each of about 15 minutes over the last 3 months
-- one was a power outage and the other was a server reboot...

Also, wanted to remind everyone that I do have a beta version of version
1.2 of my disassembler complete...  You can't get it directly from links
on my site, only by emailing me directly...  I'm doing that so I can
track its usage easier and can personally contact those that try it and
get feedback...  So, the catch is that if you try it, you must provide
feedback :) (or I'll bug you via email until you do)...  Note, however,
the user manual on the beta version isn't complete (only a very rough
draft)...  And, it will still be a while yet before the final 1.2 is
released -- though the beta is very stable...

The new version 1.2 is a DOS-32 application and will have to run under a
dos/command prompt box under Windows [it uses my new DFC dll's]...
Because of its DLL usage and the associated versioning requirements, it
does use an InstallShield installation front-end -- which probably seems
overkill for a small, command prompt utility-type application...

Both the current 1.0 version and the upcoming 1.2 version runs on Linux
(and other UNIX variants as well) under WINE for those who prefer a more
superior operating environment...  If you want to run the beta on Wine,
be sure to specify when you email me and I'll send you a gzip'd tarball
instead of the InstallShield version...  Also, I think the old one will
run under DOSEMU as well -- though it has been a while since I last did
testing on it...

Donald