Re: [No EFI] ABS Help Needed

I will check the tach filter somehow. I'll have to think about how would
be a good method short of buying another one. I do have several scopes
so I might just scope the line but since I've never looked at it before
it might look a little strange. From your suggestion I take it that the
tach signal also goes to the abs unit. Or I could infer that the noise
was somehow being coupled into one wheel sensor's lines on the unit you
were working with. The trouble codes you mentioned are from the abs
unit?
I thought the only thing on the aldl connector was the ecm. I'm going to
spend some quality time with my vette schematic tomorrow hunting
connections to the abs. I believe the symptom appears more than once per
ignition cycle. I also do not believe it's the self test cycle but I'd
like more info on it since I don't know if it is designed to occur
slowing down, speeding up, or what. My knowledge of this abs unit is
limited to thinking I know what the target wheel slip and threshold
wheel
slip numbers are (I paid attention during a talk given to NCCC by the
head
of GM Corvette engineering one night). My wife has driven this car on
the
street and competitively since it was new from the dealer and has never
seen this happen before. I noticed it after a hot autocross run as I was
lightly applying the brakes on the return road back to the pits. She
experienced it driving home from Asheville to Greenville after she
reached
Greenville (>60miles) in a light rain shower. I'd appreciate any info
about these or any abs units.