Re: 400 sbc in place of 350, 747 ecm

I have a 1990 Chevy PU with a tired 350 tbi, I would like to replace with a
mild stock 400.  If I just bolt it in without modifying the chip or
injectors, will it run ok?  My simplistic mind says that it is only 15%
greater displacement than the 350, so with stock heads and mild cam it should
run out of gas at about 15% less rpm.

I have injectors out of a 1993 police car caprice, would it help to put them
in?  I understand a 454 tbi will bolt in and wire in without modification, if
I can find one will I need to modify the chip to make the 454 tbi or the
police injectors work?

My goal is to get the 400 up and running with as little work on the fuel
injection as possible, then later fine tune it once I learn a little more.  I
appreciate any thoughts.