Re: '90 Calpaks and PROMs

On Mon, 1 May 2000, TRAX wrote:

> Roger,
>
> How do you erase your EPROM?  While it is still in the carrier?  I see that
> there is another chip in the carrier on the other side ... do you have to
> worry about erasing any info on that chip?
>
> Tim

Well, the other chip is not an eprom, it is a custom surface mount
circuit called an ESC module, and is basically a filter.  And even if
it was an eprom, just don't remove the cover from the window and it
won't get erased.

I remove the top, remove the electrical tape from the eprom window,
and put in on the eprom eraser (my eprom erase is modified to work
without the cover on, I just cover it with a box or something
similar), then put the tape back, put the blue cover back and plug it
into the programmer and program it.

				Roger