Re: '90 Calpaks and PROMs

Yep, unsoldered the stock eprom, soldered in a socket.   Put some hot glue
around the pins when you're sure the solder job is ok, prevents solder
joints or the really thin metal you soldered to from cracking.  I used a
6-cylinder memcal as a trial, then did a V8 one.

Yeah, gotta get a ZIF socket one of these days!  I remove the chip before
erasing, but I doubt UV would affect the ESC filter anyway....

Here it is in it's natural state of butchery:

http://www.liii.com/~ravalent/tpi/mcmod.jpg

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com