Re: '90 Calpaks and PROMs

On Mon, 1 May 2000, TRAX wrote:

> Sorry for so many questions ... I'm just getting my bearings here ...
>
> > don't remove the cover from the window
>
> What cover and what window?
>
> > I remove the top,
>
> Cool ... the blue top to the carrier correct?
>
> > remove the electrical tape from the eprom window
>
> What is the 'eprom' window?  Is this one of the circular cutouts in the blue
> cover?  I don't have any electrical tape on mine.  Did you put it there?  If
> so, why?

Under the blue cover there is a black chip with about 28 pins, there
is a sticker on the top of it, it is covering a window in the chip,
you cannot erase the chip with this window covered, as the light won't
get to the circuits that are the eprom.

Also, if you do not recover the window sunlight can erase/degrade the
chip and it will lose its data and if exposed for long enough will no
longer be programmable at all, so it is very important to keep it
covered.

			Roger