Re: '90 Calpaks and PROMs

Roger Heflin wrote:

> Also, if you do not recover the window sunlight can erase/degrade the
> chip and it will lose its data...

Although you'll find from data sheets that it'll take a while in
normal sunlight - weeks? months?

> and if exposed for long enough will no
> longer be programmable at all, so it is very important to keep it
> covered.

I think we're talking photochemical decomposition of the EPROM and
carrier here. Just like my dash has decomposed from being in the sun
too long. I've never heard any (authoritative) warnings about the
sun affecting the reprogramability of an EPROM, but...

Peter