Re: leaky injectors??

John,
At work we pull the fuel rail, insert a piece of cardboard underneath
the injectors, pressurize the system and let it sit overnight.  Leaky
injectors will always stain the cardboard.  It's more work, but it
eliminates the guessing.  If the engine is warm when the rails are
pulled, the results are more dramatic.

One of the most common symptoms of leaking injectors is a hard start
hot, often requiring the throttle be held about halfway open before
the engine will run.  Starting is accompanied by a big cloud of black
smoke.
HTH
Shannen