Re: Home Dyno

Craig Marcho wrote:

> Has anyone here ever used the 'Home Dyno' program by Mike Chaney?
>
> Do you feel it's accurate?
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Craig M.

I have used a program that is like it called Street Dyno.  Street Dyno
is free and works almost identical to Home Dyno.

You can see more information here:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5837/StreetDyno.html

I have several runs recorded into an XLS (Excel) document and have
published the results on the web.  I always run in the same place, with
the same amount of gas and the same weight. (Don't leave anything in the
car and fill up before a run.)

It has been repeatable and has convinced me of several things.  I used a
real dyno run to calibrate the wheel HP output of the program.  From the
Dynojet dyno I got a #.  I then changed the car weight till the output
with no drivetrain loss matched that #.  I figure it has to be pretty
close.  I'll find out in a month or so.  One thing is that it really
smoothes out the output of the engine because the inertia of the car
dampens the peaks....  At least in my car vs. the actual Dynojet run.

All of my data is posted here:
http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/

The best html file is this one:
http://www.beretta.net/fast_lane/dyno_charts/gtz/master_dyno_runs.htm