o2 Switching extremes, '165

In the process of dialing in the added cubic inches, I see from previous
scans that my o2 used to switch between say 0.17 and 0,81.  I can also see
that in another application ('727 MAP) my o2's would switch between 0.91 and
0.08. these are approximations.  When I change the target AFR, the reaction
is that the o2 limits switch (the peaks are) a little higher for a given
reduction in target AFR, but at the same time of coarse, the PE O2 readings
have bumped up as well, exceeding what I would like to see.

Changing the temperature based fuel adder table ('165) results in o2 levels
changing for both observed switching peaks, *AND* for WOT operation. the
same is true for the inj-constant (didnt try it, just assumed based on
math), and the same reaction I see for changes in the RPM based fuel
addition table.

My question,  and I have peeked at the assembly a bit and plan on some
more... is:

Are there settings I can change to affect the levels seen during switching,
that will NOT affect PE or WOT?

thanks for anything.