RE: Cold Start programming and programming for 24lb injectors

read down.......

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of TRAX
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 11:43 AM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: Cold Start programming and programming for 24lb injectors

Carl,

> What are your block learns at idle????

With the TPIS Level V PROM the block learns are 110 (or 108, can't remember
exactly) according to Diacom at idle.  The blocklearn is bottomed out
COMPLETELY.  Furthermore, the integrator is at 112 at idle.  These are the
closed loop values.  Basically, this gives me an excessively rich condition
when first starting the car when it is in Open Loop.  As previously
mentioned ... I am happy with the WOT settings ... but unhappy with the
overall 'idle' programming.

> You will be adjusting the VE map

So - what you are saying is that I *DON'T* need to change the "Open loop AFR
vs. MAP" and/or the "Open loop AFR vs. Temp" values?  Instead, I have to
change the Volumetric Efficiency table based on specific block learns at
specific RPMs?
are you won't have to change anything in these tables..

Does increasing the VE at a specific RPM have the effect of increasing the
pulse width of the injectors at that RPM (thus making the engine run
richer)?
KPA as X & Y.....if you are looking at your scanner and it says (for
example)you are at 50 kpa at 800 rpm and your block learns are 108 you are
obviously rich at that area so lower the numbers until block learns are in
the mid 120's and integrator is ~128....Try to put the car in as many areas
of this map as possible so you can correct the entire map...

> Changing the injector constant will provide a "global" change.

What do you mean by 'Global change'?  Does that mean that if I *eventually*
want to install 24lb injectors that all I have to do is to change this
constant and then everything will be AOK?  For example, let's say I
reprogram the TPIS chip in order to solve my cold start programming problems
and to get rid of the EGR (code 32).  My car is now running great.  3 Months
down the line I decide to install a set of 24lb injectors.  I simply have to
change this constant in the chip and that is it?
everything....

> hth's

Haven't see this one.  What does "hth's" mean?

Thanks for all the help.  I really appreciate it!  This has been
unbelievably helpful for me.

Tim Siford