Spark Plugs....

We've been talking about spark plugs on the Quad list, so I pulled mine
out to replace them.

They were Rapidfire #5's.

This is the description... Any spark plug readers out there?

All ceramic is bright white.  I used a magnifying mirror and a 300w
halogen lamp to try to look into the plug.  As far as I could see it was
white.  There is also just a very bit of yellow-orange next to the
electrode.  There is slightly more in the direction of the conductor.
There is VERY little of this yellow orange.

The back of all the conductors all have a white dusting that cannot
easily be scraped off.  The white changes to a slightly yellow-orange at
the very tip of the conductor.

The exhaust side of the plug is just slightly cleaner than the intake
side.

The metal base has some black carbon around the ring that turns to white
right around where the conductor welds too the base.

Any idea what any of this means?

I'm guessing that I need a cooler plug, but I really don't know.  The
electrode and conductor are wore down some and the points on the
electrode (Rapidfire) are rounded off.

I was going to get some AC FR1LS plugs (recommended by a few on the Quad
list) but could not find any.  The old # for my engine was a FR3LSK.
The new one is 41-603.  I don't know how to read the new #'s so I didn't
try to get a new #.  The store did have some FR2LS plugs so I got them.
I know they will fit and seem to be gapped pretty close already.  I'll
just check them and put them in.

Does anyone know what the K stands for???

Thanks for any help and comments!

--
Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ 2.3/5-spd 106,000 Miles 15.531@91.28MPH (stock)
#22 GS Atlanta Region SCCA Solo II G-Stock
http://www.beretta.net/
http://www.mindspring.com/~rweatherford/rexw/rexhome.html