Re: Spark Plugs....

nacelp wrote:

> > They were Rapidfire #5's.
> > This is the description... Any spark plug readers out there?
>
> Once ya get rid of these then try reading a decent plug.
> If your running a stock car, with no mods., they might work for over a 100
> miles.
> I farted around with them several times in hot rodded engines and the always
> were prolemmatic.
> Forget all the hype and just get a decent conventional plug.  For the $ of
> the trick ones you can afford several sets of good plugs.
> If seriuos about tuning index em.
> Bone white generally indicates lean, too hot of plug.  But, I've had a
> properly tuned engine do that with several different heat ranges of
> Rapidfires.
> ACs or Autolites are usually the best.
> Rotaries use NGK.
> MB Porsche like Bosch
> IMHO
> Grumpy

Thanks..  I appreciate it.  The plan was to go back to a regular plug.

The engine is a stock ECM and stock prom'd 92 2.3L Quad4 HO Vin A.  I
think the chip is an AULA, but I don't have my paper in front of me.
The car has a 93 head with smaller ports, has a modified exhaust
manifold, and a custom 2.5 inch exhaust system.  I have not pulled the
stock intake tubing off, because I have not made anything yet that can
improve the top end enough to overcome the average loss in TQ in the
midrange.  As soon as I come up with a design that works I will stick
with it.

You can see pics of the manifold and exhaust here...

http://www.beretta.net/how_to/modified_ho_manifold/

The resonator is no longer there and the Edelbrock RPM muffler was
replaced with a Borla unit.

I went with FR2LS.  Should I have gotten the 41-603?  By looking at AC's
web site last night it looks like the FR2 is a "2" heat range and the 41
is a "1" heat range.

I am going drag racing tomorrow and want to put in the correct plugs for
the application.  Should I take the FR2's back for 41-603's?  I also
thought about using NGK's but couldn't find any in stock that would be
correct.

Thanks for all the help and comments!  I had 151 HP @ the wheels in
stock form.  I hope to go back soon for another run.

Rex
92 Beretta GTZ