Re: somebody tell me what went wrong.

Mike, the Ferrite cores are intended to keep rf signals from
passing along the cable. THey may offer a little help, but
since it is induced signal on the ribbon cable that you are
trying to eliminate, I think sheiled ribbon would be more
effective. That way you stop it before it gets into the
ribbon cable.

]		Ken