Re: Spark Plugs....

"Oww, wow, maybe a capacitor in the plug wire, naa, don't wanna go there
either."
Lets go there......................for a paragraph or two  :)

I agree totally with what your saying, previous to this.  Plugs will not
increase horsepower, just allow the btu's to do their job.  On the
capacitor in the plug wire thing.  Nology (I assume is what you are
referring to), really has given the whole conceopt a bad rap.  I have
worked with adrenaline research for quite some time on a capacitive
discharge/wire combination that produces almost 1 JOULE of energy per
ignition event.  In comparison, and MSD will give 105 MILLIjoules.  These
are the guys that designed the ACCEL 300+ box (cause ACCEL never designed
anything good themselves) and sold it to them.  There are a lot of critical
calculations involved in getting the right balance of voltage and current
(you are right, Ohms law is a Law, it will be adhered to).  But knowing the
coil input voltage, coil properties, output voltage, a CRITICAL metal
shield length can be arrived at, giving a killer spark.  It won't give you
more horsepower, but it will fire almost anything, in any situation.  These
guys are using it, as well as an ionization feedback loop to, to control
A/F ratios in F1 and indy cars.  Super high cylinder pressures, closed loop
control with only a spark plug.  There is something to be said about
capacitive wires, I've seen it.  These guys have done it right.