Re: diacom on 95 3.1

Wayne Johnson wrote:

> Rex,
> This thing has the 12 pin aldl, I thought the obd II stuff had 16 pins. Is
> this an odd ball?
>
> Wayne Johnson
>
> >That is an OBDII engine and the paper clip trick will not work.
> >
> >I don't know enough about the Diacom...
> >
> >BTW I always refer to that engine as the "3100"
> >
> >Rex

Ack!  What have I started....

I may have misspoke (suprise...)

Is is a between year.  I have a 95 GA GT with the 3100.

I'm pretty sure that the 94 - 95 3100 does not allow "paper clip" mode.
If so I have never seen or heard of it.

These years do not have a second 02 sensor so they may not be fully
OBDII compliant...

I'm gonna leave it at that...  I don't have enough knowledge to say if
they are actually OBDII or not...  They just don't give codes from paper
clips.  I'm pretty sure that the 95 is flashable, but the 94 is not....
However I have been very wrong before!

Sorry for the confusion!

Rex