Intercooler temps (again)

Just for those tinkering with turbos.
On a stock syclone (ie engine never opened up), last week we ran from 97dF
to 130ish.  There was an add-on heater core for use with the stock air to
liquid cooler.  This week ran without it, while slightly warmer weather,
after using the same procedure the IAT went from 105 to 150s, during a pass.
I was amazed that little cooler made that much difference.
Just makes ya wonder if it's the cooling area, or increase in capacity that
makes the difference.