Re: Re :Intercooler/o2 volts/Injector constant

Dig wrote:

> What I've found in playing with it is that the
> additional volume adds "capacitance" to the system;
> and unless you're vigilant with the ice or a whole
> lotta cool airflow, this can actually be a detriment.
> After 3-4 rounds of eliminations at the track, it's
> nearly impossible to get the IC temps back down
> quickly between rounds.
>
> However, If you get a big 'ol beer cooler and throw
> it in the trunk/bed, fill 'er with ice, and start
> circulating... what a difference! I notice a lot of
> the sub 10-sec GNs are doing this as well.
>
> Along those same lines, I was driving a friend's Sy
> in Detroit on a 97 degree day, and the IC temp read
> about 120-128 at cruise. Hit a band of rain, and the
> IC temp dropped to 76 within 3 minutes. I figured it'd
> drop, but not 50 degrees.

I often spray cool water on a hot radiator to cool a hot engine.  It
doesn't take long for water mist to remove heat from a cooling
system.  And alchohol should work even better, no?  What about a
reservoir and pump to spray chilled window washer on an air/air
intercooler?  I've seen it done with radiators in hot rods, for those
hot days in traffic.
Shannen