RE: Intercooler temps (again)

Interesting stuff.

I have just had to replace the IC radiator in my car because of a leak. GM
(Vauxhall) couldn't supply an OEM replacement, so I had to have one made.
This raised a whole host of questions, regarding capacities, flow rates,
pressures etc. which on-one could answer. Given that the IC dumps heat from
the air in the intake manifold into the water in the IC, and that the heat
has to be dissapated in the radiatior, has anyone ever measured the inlet
and exhaust water temp to / from the radiator, and the water flow rate ?

This should tell you how much heat is being removed from the airstream.
Measuring the temp's should be easy, but I couldn't work out a way of
measuring the flow rate without spending $100 on a flow rate sensor. But
like Mr Nacelp, I am amaised how good the IC is at cooling the intake air.
I just wish there was a simple way of measuring how good it really is.

Ho Hum,
Malcolm Robb, LC 0112G