Re: 16bit MAF xfer function in '165

>> Has anybody modified the code in a '165 ECM to use a 16bit MAF xfer
>> function?
>
>I haven't, but I may be interested in what you're doing. What code base
>(BCC, or ID byte, etc.) are we talking about?

That's a VERY good question. The car is an '87 Corvette. Its ECM has been
replaced twice under warranty. The current unit has a service number of
16198259.  The eprom is not stock, the hand written label says "87 Vette",
and the first 16 bytes of code in it are:

00 C6 FF FF 00 66 81 21 AA 00 FF FF 00 66 0C CD

>So, are you saying you have a MAF that gives a reading better than 8 bit
>of resolution?

No, not quite.......

> Or are you just asking about scaling the reading from a new
>MAF sensor, that gives a lower voltage than the existing MAF at the same
>flow rate, to use the existing tables?

Exactly. I can get an MAF that will read 512gms/sec @ 5.0v, vs the stock one
that reads 255gms/sec @ 5.0v. Actually, I can get an MAF that can measure up
to any mass airflow rate that I want.

>Have you thought of going MAP?

Yes I have. That will require a lot of plug rewiring (at the ECM), and then
custom tuning the chip. At the moment, I'd like to try and get the MAF
system working properly.

Nick