RE: First chip ready

 I was able to get the chips out using a pin punch. I just pushed the punch between
the eprom legs and the memcal, the solder has a very low yield strenght in shear.

Previously, you (trax) wrote:
{
{ >Don't try to save the chip. Cut it out leg by leg, then desolder the
{ >remnant of each leg.
{
{ Agreed.  But, I'll modify this a little bit :-)
{
{ I was originally going to desolder the chip.  Then I thought that with my
{ clumsy hands that I would screw something up.  So, here is my plan...
{
{ 1) I bought a 34 pin Wire Wrap Male Protected header.
{ 2) I will cut off the last 6 pins (2 rows of 3).
{ 3) Insert the appropriate end of the Memcal into the header.
{ 4) Insert the wire wrap ends of the header into the programmer.
{ 5) Download the EPROM image and verify it.
{ 6) Cut of the EPROM from the Memcal
{ 7) Desolder the legs
{ 8) Solder a low profile ZIF into the memcal.
{ 9) Burn a new chip with the previous image (or the modified image).
{ 10) Put the new EPROM in the ZIF
{ 11) DONE!
{
{ Tim Siford
{
{ To unsubscribe from gmecm, send "unsubscribe gmecm" (without the quotes)
{ in the body of a message (not the subject) to majordomo@lists.diy-efi.org
{

--
Pat Ford                           email: pford@qnx.com