RE: EPROM Reader Problems Deleting Chip? EMERGENCY

>From my limited (emphasis on LIMITED) experience with limp mode mode (blown
MAF in a TPI car) the symptoms you describe are NOT limp home mode.  My car
ran BETTER once the computer was able to determine there was a problem and
go into limp home mode.  Otherwise, the MAF was fooling it into thinking
more or less air was entering the engine than really was.

Steve