Re: EPROMs are programming AOK

TRAX wrote:

> These programmed just fine.  Here is the crazy part.  I can program one of
> these EPROMs in 9 seconds flat.

Are you verifying them in 9 seconds, or programming a blank EPROM?
I calculate that you have a minimum programming pulse of ~280 uSec,
and this seems a tad fast. So, if you erase the EPROM, verify that
it's erased, and then program - it'll take 9 seconds for a 32 kByte
BIN file?

> The EPROMs are 90ns EPROMs.  Would that make a difference?

No. This is the Read access speed - totally different to program speed.

> It took me all of two minutes to modify this with the dremel
> to cut off the last 6 pins.

Damn! Seems everyone who's anyone has a Dremel! My trusty hack saw
just doesn't cut it anymore!  $^(

Peter