Re: Scope vs reported + 02 as reported

nacelp wrote:

> Geez, I'm sorry too many meds.....

Not a problem.  ;-)

> Diacom reports VE.  VE is about cylinder filling not DC.
> The two have nothing in common other then read in percents.

I was going to ask you which DIACOM application has injector duty cycle.

> Also, and this is just for the 749...
> Diacom does report the O2 sensor voltage correctly.

Good.  Nice to know.

Back to DIACOM and the two bar MAP.  I had put the one bar MAP in for
two bar because the two bar did not read right, but found that the
one bar did not read right either.

Turns out that GM does not do the two bar to one bar MAP conversion
correctly in the Turbo Grand Prix.  Got the code changed and all
is well now.  DIACOM does interpret the one bar MAP correctly.

> Key on engine off it reads .451,  when in fact the ECMs output to the O2 is
> .383.
> Grumpy

Have to be real careful.  The Fluke I use will load the bare O2 sensor
input slightly, and change O2 volts when reading it.  In fact, on the
bench, when connected to a '747, the attached meter will make the ECM
give off O2 cross counts!

Scot Sealander