Re: 730 ecm

From: "nacelp" <nacelp@bright.net>
To: <gmecm@diy-efi.org>
Subject: Re: ecm newbie
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 23:02:14 -0400

I'd strongly suggest you consider the 1227730 ecm.
Yes, it means finding some connectors, and a few extra hours wiring tings
and getting a MAP sensor.
But, it's openly been hac'd, easy to get, editors available, and easy to
work with IMHO.
There aren't any down sides other then ecm and connectors themselves, and
hunting some is no big deal.
BTW, the 165 AKA 808 has been used MAP.
Wire as a 808, and use their .bin  ASBX, should get ya by, with nessary
changes
Grumpy
My ecm is map based, evedently it must be a strange bird..maybe why it has so many iac glitches.. Spock logic would dictate my 4 cyl should really scoot if the 165 is a vette ecm....any particular year/make of car for that 730 i should get?.. or does it matter? mines an 88 s-15 2.5 tbi. ecm 1227165 bcc amjw, auto tranny ecm controlled tcc,...Dan