Re: EPROM Switching

nacelp quoted:

> NOW FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE RUNNING THE DELCO P4 (IM USING THE 808) THE
> SIMPLEST WAY AND MOST EFFECTIVE IS :
>
> 4 - PICK UP A 12+ POWER FEED FROM THE IGNITION, RUN IT THROUGH A SWITCH
>     MOUNTED ON THE DASH/CONSOLE, THEN TO PIN C9 AT THE ECM
>
> 5 - SIMPLE .... WHEN 12+ IS APPLYED THE EPROM AT PIN 27 (A14) IS
> SWITCHED HIGH BY THE ECM AND WHEN POWER IS TAKEN AWAY THE ECM
>     SWITCHED THE EPROM LOW.
>
> GM HOLDEN HAVE BEEN USING THIS METHOD SINCE 1991 ON LPG SYSTEMS SO WHY
> NOT USE IT IN ANY WAY WE CAN.

I don't see a way that this could work in an unmodified ECM.  Peter
Gargano and I (mostly Peter) have been probing the 1227165 and 1227808
ECMs.  The EPROM's A14 is connected to the MPU's A14 output.  The
harness pin C9 does not connect in any way to this address line.
Further, there are no jumper options on the PCB to connect it.