Re: .LT1 to .bin conversion

>Does anybody know of a way to convert these file formats back and forth? I
>have come across several .LT1 files that I would like to check out but I
>have no way to flash them into my car.

C:\> ren filename.lt1 filename.bin

;^)

Seriously, the .LT1 format is meant to be used with the LT1_Edit flash
uploader. It is its own format. It's a binary file format, so you can peek
inside it with a hex editor. It is NOT flashable (by desoldering chip and
inserting in a programmer and hitting "program") as-is, because GM swapped
address lines on the PCM board and screwed with the addressing (I don't know
which addresses they swapped, just know they did so). The LT1 file is
sequential addressing, the flash chip is not in comparison. Also a .LT1 file
actually consists of two chip images, the "T" side and the "E" side (rolled
in to one file). Each chip is 64kb in size (AN28F512), and you'll notice
that the .LT1 file is 128kb.

For more info on LT1_Edit, see http://www.carputing.com and
http://www.lt1.net/editor/

Back to lurking!