pcm controlled nitrous

While I was gettin' hopped up on coffee this morning I began to wonder if there was a way to control nitrous injection with the pcm.

What I'm thinking is......As I recall the commercial nitrous "controllers" allow you to set when and how long the gas is injected. Since the EGR valve wouldn't fit in my engine compartment :-) I removed it. The control is still in the pcm along with the wiring, The pcm allows for egr min RPM and max RPM, it seems to me you could replace the EGR solenoid with a nitrous solenoid. Since nitrous has an "arm" and an "inject" switch (arm is a toggle switch, inject is a momentary) it seems like you could just switch off the toggle to keep it from blowing your shorts off when you were just cruising. When you wanted to hurt somebody just arm it and go.

Has anybody tried this?
Does it make sense?
Should I switch to DECAF?

Kelly