Re: Fuel Injector Connector - *the MALE side* ?

On Fri, 19 May 2000 12:10:35 PDT, "Rich Vandervoort"
<richvandervoort@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Once while talking to some
>Isuzu engineers, I was told "Packard (Weather Pack connectors) reputation in
>Japan is leak."  A friend of mine who designed wiring for bus chassis always
>oriented the connectors so the water would drain out of them.  This was
>based on previous bad experiences, not just conjecture.

Oh dear. I know they're NOT immersion-proof, but this sounds pretty bad.
Thanks for the input.

I wonder if the opinion on MetriPack is any better. It sure seems like
the other connector mfgs have followed along in much the same way with
their seal designs. The AMP connectors I've been looking at on newer
Fords uses the same sort of glands and seals.

Gar