Re: P&H Injector Interface

On Fri, 19 May 2000 16:49:21 -0400, Len sabatine <sabatine@epix.net>
wrote:

>The General Routinely piggybacks various "Modules" on Vehicles circa late
>80's,
>  Early 90's, Like 4 out Buffers, D.R.A.C. etc. This Area would most likely be
>  less obtrusive, easier,less costly and have improved heat dissipation
>qualities.

I missed it. What "Area" are you speaking of? Fender well by any chance?

>  The most recent splice/shrink and seal connectors , plus metripacks,etc
>appear effective and durable.
>  IMHO,If one is going to place ckt in the engine real estate, flex Circuit
>hi temp
>  material may be a good plan, however this won't fit the K.I.S.S. rule you
>are appearing
>  to employ. Merely My 2c. Plug and Play beats Plug and Prey, hands down.

Ahh, yup, and the circuitry is gonna be very small, so not much board
area to expand/contract and stress the interconnect. But I still can't
make out which method you're voting for; firewall-forward modules
possibly near/atop the engine but plugNplay, or firewall-back/in-cabin
with a hard splice in the ECU harness? Plus the area you mention/suggest
above?

Pardon the obdurance.

Gar