Re: P&H Injector Interface

On Sat, 20 May 2000 12:01:50 -0400, "Swayze" <kswayze@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>my thoughts on this, and if I were to buy something like this, I would
>want to splice in at the injector, even if I did have to add a third power
>wire. since this is one of the things I am probably going to have to do.
>use the original injector connector to a small black box to the injector
>harness. what I'm wondering is if a controller like the LM1949 would
>survive sitting on top of the intake manifold (or at the injector) and if
>mil spec power transistors would survive there also. I'm not an EE but
>from a diy standpoint splicing is a minor issue (one of the service
>manuals says how to do it(correctly))

OK Mike thanks for the input. One thing tho, no additional power wire
would be required, just a GND return line for each module (maybe that's
what you meant). Everything else you need is already at the injector
connector.

The heat really isn't as deadly an issue as it used to be, as long as
you use devices designed for automotive use (which now often have a temp
range as wide as the old mil range), and PLAN for the temps and power
levels you're going to see. A lot of electonics is already high up on
the engine in many cars; modules in dizzies have been near the heat for
some time, so have DIS modules, which are bolted right to the block in
many cases. Sure you don't put electrics near the heat unless there's a
compelling reason why, but it is manageable if need-be, just more of a
pain. Always tradeoffs.

Gar