Re: P&H Injector Interface

On Sat, 20 May 2000 13:26:23 -0700, romans@starstream.net (Romans, Mark)
wrote:

>This pulling few wires out of the connector and adding an in-between sounds
>like the easiest most sanitary way.  I don't have room for a whole 2nd ecm
>case under my dash, but a small box with the drivers would be ok.

Oh yeah, wouldn't plan on using a "whole 2nd ecm case" worth of real
estate. No way.

>The
>wires, 2 in my case going to the 2 sets of 4 injectors, (165 ecm) would
>handle the current.  (Why wouldn't they?) for 4 P&H injectors each.

Unless you want to see the low side of those injectors levitate,
consider that's gonna be alot of peak current. VERY few small pins in
multi-pin connectors are good for 4X that much on one circuit.
Weatherpacks are good for 20A, and are quite robust in that respect;
MetriPacks are good for 12A. I'd just have to suspect we might be
pushing it driving 4 P&Hs thru just one of them wee pins. Someone know
the current capacity of those pins?, I'd love to hear otherwise to the
contrary.

The other issue is, to keep the packaging small, I had hoped to use one
of the better-integrated drivers. Having to drive 4 P&Hs from one driver
probably obviates that choice (none of them come that big), and enlarges
the size of the packaging most likely because of discretes. Again, no
show-stopper, just a downside.

I'd say tho, for those with sequential ecms, your case is a slam-dunk
for ease of conversion to P&H, and small packaging too.

I think we're making progress; a few wrinkles to iron out, but it looks
promising.

Gar