Back to Diacom

I'd never really paid too much attention to it, but:
on the 749 when used for the syclone.
With a given set of parameters,  basically idle, at one point the rpm was
625, and a pulse width if 3.9 msec, the VE read 75%, then by just raising
the TPS slightly got 4.3 msec. and VE was 70%.
Can some one make  sense of this to me?.
I can see where a lab scope comes  into play on this stuff trying to read .1
msec is difficult