EFIlive & SyTys

For all of you SyTy'ers with the 749 ECU and who are looking
for a Diacom alternative, its finally here!

Paul Blackmore has written the excellent program, 'EFIlive'
to read various GM ECUs.  At this point, it does not *read*
the 749 ALDL data stream, but it will soon.  In the meantime,
there's an alternative, but its such a good alternative, that
you'll probably use it as your main data viewer & logger
anyhow.  It just displays & logs; graphing is left to EFIlive.
Its a DOS *only* program - too much messing w/ the timings in
Win9x for reliability.  Uses the serial port, so none of this
nonsense "Will Diacom run on my Beater 286 10Mhz laptop"?
The logger runs on anything from a 486 25Mhz to a 686 400Mhz.
I got my cheapo laptop on eBay for $85 - works fine.

You can download a free evaluation version of EFIlive from:

http://www.starrperformance.com.au/efilive.html

The docs to EFIlive contain the file "Cable.htm", which will
point you to a serial/ALDL cable either all done or as a kit, or
just a schematic.

The stuff I'm supplying now, & Paul later, are the logger,
docs on the logger, all the definition files for the SyTy
that you'll need for EFIlive - all free stuff, courtesy of
me.

So, download the EFIlive prog, get the cable, get my stuff &
you're all set to run rings around Diacom.

Barry - Sy#26