Re: P&H Injector Interface

On Sun, 21 May 2000 14:05:02 -0400, "nacelp" <nacelp@bright.net> wrote:

>To unwhit, that is correct.  6 Cyl= 3 injectors per wire.

Thank you sir. Consider me unwhitted.

>There is a difference between TBI, and P+H mode, jus to
>make sure we're on the same wave lenght.

Ah yup, I was unaware there was one ECM that already could drive TPI
P&Hs, as you indicate below, soooo I thot the only time an ECM was
driving a P&H injector was when it was driving a TBI.

>The 749 can operate two *TPI* sets of P+H injectors (4cyl), on 2 wires.

Just wanna make sure I've got this; this is a 4cyl ECM, so that would be
2 P&H injectors on each wire, right?

>The 730-165s when put into P+H mode, are for only one TBI Injector on 1
>wire.

Right, gotcha.

>The TBI ecms can be for single or dual injectors.  The dual type like the
>747 has 2 (P+H) drivers, and one injector per per wire.

OK, I *think* I've got it now. Wasn't aware of the setup on the 749;
musta dropped that somewheres along the trail (littered with my dead
neurons, BTW).

I know this has been tedious for many, but it's beginning to clear at
least in my noggin, and all makes good sense. Thanks to all for
assisting the mentally challenged. Basically, they drive no more than
the equivalent of 2 P&H (2.4 ohm) injectors per pin/wire, which is about
the same load as 1 TBI (1.2 ohm). Just to round out the taxonomy,  when
batch-firing SATs, they're split into pairs of 4-per-wire if 8-cyl and
3-per-wire if 6-cyl. Sound right?

Gar