Is this a good deal?

This is sort of two questions in one.

Q1: Is it possible to have a throttle body which is too big?

Reason for this is that I came across a "Air Research" aftermarket TBI
system for about $300 - includes the controller (set with buttons on front
and small LCD display, no laptop connection), BIG MAF sensor, *900* CFM
throttle body (4 barrel) with 4, 85lb/hr injectors which shoot in from the
side, simular to the one Rance EFI sells as a big block TBI system.  Also
includes ductwork from the MAF to the TB. I recall seeing them on a website
somewhere but can't find it now.

Q2:  He wants $300 for all of it, won't say if it  works or not since it
was on a car he bought and never fired it.  Worth it?

I was mainly interested in it for the throttle body, since it might be
easier to adapt to my 403 Olds intake than a TPI throttle body, but if it's
"too big" then it's not worth it.  I would use a 454 tbi unit as a throttle
body, but the salvage yards around here either don't have any big-block TBI
throttle bodies, the ones they have are wasted [worn throttle shaft
bushings / cracked], or they want way-big bucks for them.

Other thought was to make a Ebay investment out of it, seeing as how
complete TPI setups go for $600 there.....  ;^>

-> Bob Valentine
-> bob@tecmark.com