Re: P&H Injector Interface

>>...One elegant, but generic, design should cover everyone's needs...
>>Have seen too many "specialty"  boxes over the years which attempt to
cater
>>to too small a market segment.  As a result they do not flourish.
>
>OK, Walt, I know I can always rely on you going for the concours
>d'elegance. :)

Hmmmmm........not sure that anything mentioned earlier was solely "cd'e".
Instead,  a few comments regarding a product that I'd wished had been
available much earlier, based upon common sense/need in the EFI
world...............

>Seriously, I don't see the Batch and SEFI applications each by
>themselves as being too narrow a segment, do you? There are tons of both
>out there. And there's an enormous amount of waste in building a box to
>do both at the same time. I could go thru the details, but there's not
>much in common if you want to make each affordable.

Really?.....I have to wonder..............

>So did you wanna pay nearly twice what you needed to?

Depending upon the relative cost penalty, YES.  Twice very little extra is
easy for most people to absorb.  I still think that if you logically think
through the approach to your "box" then you can both satisfy everyone's
needs and at the same time develop a product with a much broader
scope..............

>Actually, I think the VIC box at $400 is a good buy, if you wanna pay
>that much! My hope was to hit a considerably lower price point by paring
>down to the essentials and tossing the fluff. If that's too
>"specialized", then so be it; the market will have spoken. No problemo
>with that!

Give a little thought to the guy who wants to use your "box" for something
out-of-the norm, or without all the DIY hassle.  Does it really matter if
your box is less than $400?  Individual BPW adjustments on a HIPO port motor
will be absolutely essential, as will configurabilitity.  Give these a few
thoughts..............

Are you in the market to undersell the aftermarket, or to sell a product
which is far superior?  Re-read my post and then understand the
meaning/difference.............

I think the aftermarket is currently "undercrowded" in this particular

Walt.