RE: Heads up display

Hi Dan,
   Well I can tell you what I know about HUD's and PCM's.  In your 95
Z28, your PCM has software in it for a HUD.  It collects lots of data
from its sensors, and sends it to some HUD hardware.
    Now, never having seen the HUD or the hardware driving it, I can't
tell you how to hook it up, but it sounds like you have some ideas
there.
    Also, I BELIEVE that you may need to set a bit or two inside the PCM
to enable the HUD.  I'm not sure here, because I haven't studied the HUD
code in that much detail (usually I just skip right past it), but I'm
not sure if it is always enabled, or if it is enabled by plugging in the
HUD hardware.

   Having said all of this, I am now wondering if we are talking about
the same HUD's or not.  It is my understanding that the 94/95 PCM's
drive a HUD for GM's test purposes.  However, maybe the HUD is one and
the same.

   Maybe you can enlighten us on what HUD's you know about, and what
they are available on.

Just my $0.02

Dave @ carputing.com