Re: P&H Injector Interface

Gar, I think we?re on the same page when it comes to the driver box thingy,
but we?re somehow not connecting.  Please allow me to clarify, and then I?ll
stop rambling.

The most probable DIY-EFI injector ?conversion? configurations that I can
think of would be:  1) SEFI MPFI  SAT to P&H ? assume a max of  8 inputs and
a max of  8 injectors.  2) BATCH MPFI  QUASI P&H (current sharing ganged
pairs) to individual P&H ? assume up to 2 inputs and a max of 6 injectors.
3) BATCH MPFI  SAT to P&H ? assume 2 inputs and a max of 8 injectors.  4)
Single Channel TBI to Dual Channel TBI ? assume 1 input and 2 TBI injectors.
5) Dual Channel TBI to 4BBL TBI ? assume 2 inputs and 4 TBI injectors.  6)
Dual Channel TBI to twin 4BBL TBI ? assume 2 inputs and 8 TBI injectors.
Other variants could include single or dual channel TBI to ????, and guys
with multiple injectors per cylinder.  But we?ll ignore those for now and
assume that they are either too off?the-wall, or can be handled with
multiple boxes.

Every one of the individual injectors listed above, can be safely driven via
one individual 4/1 amp current driver per injector.

Soooo,  how about a basic driver box housing 8 individual 4/1 amp current
drivers?   This would cover every probable conversion configuration.  Make
all of the inputs and outputs accessible to the user in hardwire form.  If
for instance I need menu item #1 today, then presto, a few jumper wires
later I am in business.  If tomorrow I need menu item #5, then again I
juggle a few wires.  If I ever need to later diagnose a driver problem, then
maybe I?ll have a couple of spare ?test? drivers at hand, depending upon how
much of the box I had originally used up.

Now all of a sudden, with one part # on your inventory shelf,  you can
service all of the known configurations and probably pare down the cost to a
bare minimum through volume & efficiency.  Packaging could be kept small as
well.

If there seemed to be a further market  you could always take the same base
design, add all of the neat fluff stuff mentioned in earlier posts, and
create part # 2.   Of course part #2 could bear the burden of a x2, or x3,
or even x4+  cost markup depending upon how cool it turns out to be.

Hope that helps a bit.  I was contemplating the same venture myself a long
time ago, but life somehow got in the road of things.  Funny how that
happens??.

Walt.