'165 switching both fans from the ECM?

Hiya folks-

I'm running a '165 ECM with a dual cooling fan setup, one is switched from
the ECM and the "aux" fan is switched from a thermostatic switch in the
passenger side cyl head.  I'd like to run both fans from the ECM so I'd
have better control, playing with different thermo switches is kinda low-tech.

It seems the easy path is to switch both pri and aux fan relays from the
same circuit...this would put both fans under ECM control and whatever
logic I give via the .bin.  Any reason not to do this?  Would switching two
relays put too much load on the ECM fan driver?  Is there a better way
(aside from a toggle switch in the cockpit)?

Thanks,
-Kevin Crain