Re: cts

I once had to make 1"  spacer the shape of the thermostat housing gasket,
and then tap it for the sensor.  I needs to be exposed to the actual in
block coolant temp., too much wagging around, and then too cool when heater
on in some applications
Grumpy

> I am adapting a 1227747 to fit onto a jeep 258.  My question regards the
mounting of the coolant temp sensor.  For simplicity, I can't mount the cts
in the engine block or the manifold (it's unheated).  I was wondering if I
could mount it in the thermostat housing.
> I realize that during start up that the temperature in the block vs the
housing would be different due to the closed thermostat.  I don't know the
magnitude of the difference though.  Would just mounting it in the
thermostat housing be good enough?