From: owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-gmecm@diy-efi.org]On Behalf
Of Shawn R. Lin
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 12:49 AM
To: gmecm@diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: GM Trip Computer

Scott Feaver wrote:

> I have a trip computer from an 1990 Olds Cutlass...  Does anyone have a
> wiring diagram for this thing, so I can figure out how to get some
readings
> in another car?
>
> Also, would this unit just read off the ALDL line?  And if it does, would
> the computer need to be coded to send it info?

Did you ever get the info you need on this trip computer?
I have wiring info for it, but I left that at my parents' house.
I was able to use the trip computer from an '89 Olds Ninety Eight
Regency 3.8L in my '89 Cutlass 2.8L with no problems.  I have 2 extra
such trip computers but haven't yet tried one in a car that doesn't have
it.
Earlier versions of this trip computer used an NEC 78D14 CPU which had
on board ROM, but newer versions used a 78D10 CPU with outboard ROM on
EPROM.  That CPU is supposedly based on the Z80.  If you're good at
reverse engineering, I have a text file somewhere with the 78Dxx opcodes
if you want it.

Shawn