Re: UPDATE, Swapped to carb to rule out ignition.. and pseudo-intro..

Well, actually, I did manage to get some figures, but a stopwatch is about
the fanciest piece of equipment I could afford at the time.  And like I
stated it WAS faster to about sixty.  But that's only just out of 1st gear.
I really didn't get the opportunity to get to an open highway to do any
highspeed testing.  And when I was, I was on my way somewhere and testing
wasn't on my mind.
But now I have access to a 1/8 mile track (still mostly 1st gear and a little
second.) and I am using the stopwatch on the highway (I have a good empty
cop-free stretch where I live now)  But, of course, stopwatches aren't a
whole lot better than the butt-o-meter.  I think a good scan tool with data
logging is what I need, but that won't give me a 'before'.
So in the end, when comparing carb to FI, the butt-o-meter and a stopwatch
will have to do.  (and the eighth for the 1st gear runs).
Unless someone has some better ideas?  I sure there have to be some.
Ted