Re: Two barrel TBI must have a flaw, I give up.

> Its using the stock 305/350 TBI...  I had the vacuum gauge on it on a few
> WOT runs, ill admit i really wasnt paying much attention to it but i think i
> saw about 1.5 inches way up there.. maybe a hair more
> Its definately not the heads or cam or intake because with the carb on there
> it went from 5000-6000 faster than I could let off the gas.. i mean the car
> was smokin fast

The stock TBI units for the 305/350 were never designed for much above
about 5k or so, AFAIK.  The engine doesn't seem to pull at greater than
4500 on my friend's 88 305 Firechicken.  I think you just may have found
the limit of the TBI unit, as you suggested earlier.

So, are there alternatives?  You suggested that the low-end grunt on the
carb wasn't a good as with the TBI, and that may have something to do
with the short-runner intake and/or larger throats in the carb not
providing enough vacuum and velocity to atomize and pull fuel into the
intake.  So, what about keeping a carbed setup and switching to a
longer-runner intake?  Or what about converting to a MPFI system?  I
dunno if that's feasible or possible, to be honest.